It’s been a tremendous 2010 so far, and it’s time for another Hackaway! Hackaway 2010 is about to begin. This one will be even bigger and better than Hackaway 2009, and there are some really awesome hacks coming your way. Rules and prizes and a ton of images after the jump!
Here are the rules.
- Send an email to hunter at hunterdavis.com with the subject line “Hackaway 2010″
- Include in the message the numbers of the hackaway items you would be interested in receiving
- That’s it. I will randomly select the winners after 7 days or 5,000 entries, whichever is sooner. There are no restrictions on who may enter. Any person from any country could win. Just like last time.
- If you like, let me know what country and state you are from. Last time we had entries from dozens of countries, and it’s always fun to see where they come in from.
- After the winners are selected, I email them for their addresses, and send out their prizes. There are no fees or restrictions to entry, and I pay all duties, customs, and shipping
And here are the prizes
- Didj Hacking Bundle – Didj+Claude’s custom board with SD adapter, custom loader, source code, etc. Everything you need to start porting software.
- EEE 701 2g surf (bottom half). Was used for the blu-ray player hack.
- Famicom Bundle – Famicom chipset + famicom and nes games, chips, and controllers
- Fan Bundle – Fans and fan controllers
- Genesis on a chip with infrared controllers
- Infrared Bundle – Infrared controller game plus many infrared to ps2 remotes with pass-through ports.
- Java Bundle – Four Spongebob branded Npower java consoles. Follow my previous instructions and links on how to write programs for these. Perhaps enough for a small end-user study!
- Laptop Parts Bundle – Laptop screen, keyboards, batteries, etc
- Minidisk Bundle – A folder full of 74m Sony MiniDisks (all full of data)
- Late 90′s era Netgear router with serial console (zxyel os)
- Palm GPS Bundle – Palm V and Tungston with GPS and chargers and serial adapters.
- Peek Messaging Device – Join the peeklinux project and start porting!
- USB Wireless bundle – Rip Roar USB wireless messenger (IM-ME clone) along with UBFunkeys reader and many keys (rfid-like keys based on usb passthrough).
- Sound Bundle – Street Fighter 4 Japanese practice keychain, audio repeater device, and crammer ogg vorbis/wm3 device.
- Wifi Bundle – Netgear N router pre-flashed with openWRT, and linksys wireless-b access point
- X10 Home Automation Bundle – Two X10 PC receivers, wireless receiver, heavy duty appliace module, two light modules, start automating your lab!
And that’s that! Send me an email! Tell your friends! Good luck! Can’t wait to see what hacks you come up with this year!